This project is now on GitHub. More details are there.
The purpose of this project is to
- Build games using the game engine
The target runtime environment is Chrome 1.10 or later. Ideally it will work on any browser but that is not a requirement for merging into master.
A very simple NodeJS static file server is part of the project. It will also provide an API call to list games. Initially it does not do anything else.
The game engine will handle basic functions that all (most) games need
- Listing & Selecting games
- High Scores
- Saving/loading game state
- Starting, quitting, and pausing games
The engine will also provide functionality for
- boards – tic-tac-toe, monopoly, etc
- fields – sports, tracks, mazes
- landscapes – side scroller, backgrounds, TBD
- multi-layered – landscape background with side scroller, and other combinations
- static – cards, tokens, items
- Configurable – text, json, TBD
- Game Speed
Future phases will add functionality for multi-player games over a network.
- Server-based coordination
The project is aimed at beginning developers, but anyone can join.